♕ Book review: Breathe by Beni Rusani ♕
Friday, 22 November 2019, 09:19 ϟ 0
Good day everyone! As promised, another book review or should I say, my second book review.
Title: Breathe
Author: Dr Beni Rusani
Published: 2017
Page: 261
I got this book from the PBAKL if I’m not mistaken. I’ve forgotten about it as soon as I was starting PRP, guess too much shit was going on in my life. Anyway, this a debut novel from Dr Beni. Dr Beni is a cardiologist at National Heart Institute, KL. A well known, famous and respected Dr.
Review:
This novel has a good plot, good storyline, good transition between the scenes and easy to understand. As a pharmacist myself, I’ve learnt few new things such GCS score less than 8 means that the lungs are not protected from the stomach content hence risk for aspiration. I had experience attached at Cardiology ward where all patients with heart problems are, from myocardial infarction to atrial fibrillation. I had basic exposure to basic cardio cases so I could understand the pathophysiology and the basic management of the patient in the novel. Well of course, what do you expect from a cardiologist? A heart attack event la of course! Also a patient had pulmonary embolism. I’ve never seen clerked one, but I talk about heparin every freaking day, not that I know about it in and out. It’s my job to counsel patient on heparin/enoxaparin/tinzaparin to patients that need it.
He put citation to some of the medical words that are really useful for public to understand, but I realize not all medical terms were cited. I’m also a bit disappointed with the description on Streptokinase, but how else would you tell it in layman term? Even I find it hard to explain medical terms into layman terms.
This time I’m not too excited to tell you the synopsis of the story, because the plot is quite common. The main character go back and forth from the past to present. It just that, at the end of the book I was a bit confused. But don’t worry it has a happy ending so yay! Tough I think if it doesn’t end with happy ending, the story will still be good.
No offence but I didn’t expect Dr Beni to write an English novel. Some parts I found cringe, mostly from the scenes where the guy flirting with every female character. 🙄
This novel is the kind of novel that you can finish it in one sit. Honestly I am annoyed with myself because it took me like a week. Maybe because of its cliche plot.
All in all, it is very good for a first novel, kudos to Dr Beni! I’m so proud :3
Quotes:
“We all have that little voice telling us the right thing to do. But I didn’t listen to mine.”
“Seemed like only youngsters play with ambitions, whereas old people toyed with regrets.”
Ps: My temper is going worse nowadays 🤕
 |
| Thank you for the cute bookmark all the way from Korea! |
Labels: Her Books, Her Feelings, Her Friends, Her Novel, Her Open Letter, Her Quotes, Her Rants, Her Thought