♕ Book Review: Hujan Matahari by Kurniawan Gunadi ♕
Thursday, 23 July 2020, 19:38 ϟ 0
Tajuk: Hujan Matahari
Penulis: Kurniawan Gunadi
Cetakan pertama: 2014
Bahasa: Bahasa Indonesia
Page: 205
Sebelum aku masuk kepada book review, aku nak cerita bagaimana aku kenal Kurniawan Gunadi. So everyone knows I have a Tumblr acc which I follow many Indonesian writters including him. In 2018, I went to DBPKL with couple of my friends. It was my first time being there. I remember there were like lots of books, and lots of people and there were so many activities, it was a shame because we only got like a day :(
While I was walking, I stumbled upon this booth, and I saw this book and I was like, I know this writter from tumblr! I was so excited I thought I should buy this book. And I did.
Fast forward to 2020, nearly a year after surviving PRP and Coshit thingy happens, new norms are being practice, stuck in the house for months when I decided I should finish this book. I remember started reading it but stopped halfway. Haha. Don’t worry, I do this to all the books I currently have 😹.
I think I stopped reading it because I find the content is a bit heavy. The whole books is about relationship. Relationship with God and those around you, it’s about your feelings, and other peoples feeling. And the writter put meaning behind every words. I wasn’t in any relationship before, and maybe I couldn’t understand the things writter wanted to say. Not that I’m currently in any relationship, I AM trying to build a relationship but I also believe that I am more mature than I was in 2018 so, yeah. I find myself understand the content better now.
I already love his writings from his blog, so there’s no doubt that I love this book. Tapi macam biasa la, I was a bit annoyed sebab I took some time to finish this book. I always stopped in the middle of my reading, idk what’s distracting me.
All in all, I GUESS I understand men better? Haha idk. Also, because we share the same belief, I agree with most of his views about love and how he connect it with his belief and tradition.
Moving on to quotes I love, there are like ALOTTT. One thing I realise when I was reading this book was, I don’t mind lipat the top of the page! Me, yang selalu guna penanda buku.
So here are my fav quotes from the book,
Matahari kepada Bumi
‘Toh mencintai itu tidak selalu berarti harus berdekatan dan memiliki, bukan? Tidak selalu berarti bahwa cinta itu harus bertemu dan bersatu. Cinta tanpa pertemuan? Bisa saja terjadi. Seperti ketika aku mencintai orang di masa depan yang bahkan belum pernah aku temui. Cinta yang diwujudkan dalam doa-doa dan perbaikan diri.’
Masa lalu yang dibawa serta
“Seberapa pantas penerimaanmu kepada masa lalu orang lain?” aku bertanya kembali.“Sebatas jauh mana seseorang itu mau menerima masa lalunya sendiri,” dia menjawab pelan.
Alasan
‘Kadang mencintai tidak butuh alasan muluk-muluk yang melangit. Alasan yang amat sederhana dan tidak mampu dipahami dengan cara kita, bisa jadi menjadi sebab seseorang mencintai orang lain’
Perempuan yang mencari-cari
‘Apakah harus jatuh cinta terlebih dahulu?’
Penawar(an) hidup
‘,keberanian memang lebih sering muncul tanpa persiapan. Hanya butuh keadaan yang tepat.’
Diam-diam peduli
‘Lalu pada hari-hari berikutnya tidak pernah alpa aku berdoa untuk keselamatanmu. Manusia apa umumnya bilang itu cinta, aku tidak bilang begitu. Bagiku ini seperti sebuah kesempatan dalam hidup untuk merasakan bagaimana tulusnya berdoa untuk orang lain. Padahal orang lain tersebut bukanlah siapa-siapa, setidaknya untuk saat ini.’
Orang-orang yang menjual agama di gerbong kereta
‘Ya, seringkali kita sibuk mengurus iman masing-masing tanpa peduli dengan kondisi iman orang lain. Sibuk mengisi pundi sendiri, lupa menengok pundi-pundi tetangga’
Aku sudah terbiasa sendiri
‘Pada akhirnya, orang yang terbiasa sendiri akan kehilangan alasan untuk mempertahankan kesendiriannya.’
Kopi manis tanpa gula (1)
‘Jika Tuhan menghendaki sebuah pertemuan, bagaimanapun caranya itu pasti terjadi, bukan?’
Mencintai kehidupan(nya)
‘Mencintai seseorang itu berarti mencintai kehidupannya’.
And my most fav prosa out of all:
I think the writter is so mature (so is his wife, they really suits together). This is one of my fav books, yall should read it. I rate it 5/5.
Labels: Her Book Review, Her Books, Her Feelings, Her Open Letter, Her Quotes, Her Randomness