Tajuk: Merantau ke Deli
Pages: 232
Bahasa: Indonesia
Penulis: Buya Hamka
Ajaibnya hati perempuan! Dia tidak suka ditipu, dia tidak sudi dipermainkan. Cintanya kepada orang lain, adalah bererti cintanya terhadap dirinya sendiri.
I’m not sure if I am capable enough to give a review to a book written by someone that is highly respected. So I’m just gonna tell you what I think and feel about this book.
Bukunya nipis, not so very easy to understand, for me yang baru nak belajar tentang realiti kehidupan. After Hujan Matahari, I picked this book to read. I never know that it is about relationship (also!. Why i always pick books about relationship, idk..)
I’m not sure about the time setting but im sure it was before all of the technology things coming. Because, it tells about how people would come to Deli to have a change in life, starting a new life. Orang orang dalam cerita ini kebanyakkannya orang susah, yang kerja kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang.
Hamka tells us the reality of kehidupan pasangan suami isteri Leman dan Poniem. Mereka berkahwin atas dasar cinta dan untuk mempertahankan maruah sang isteri. Namun ditengah jalan, si suami diuji dan harus membuat pilihan antara isterinya atau hubungan familinya di Padang sebagai orang minangkabau. Pasangan itu diuji tanpa anak walaupun setelah beberapa tahun berkahwin, dan familinya di kampung soksek soksek tentang perlunya dia berkahwin dengan orang kampungnya juga (adat orang minang), kerana isterinya bukanlah orang minang dan tambahan mereka masih juga tiada zuriat.
Goyah juga jiwa seorang lelaki, memilih untuk madukan isterinya. Betapa sedihnya hati seorang isteri. Setelah dijanjikan macam-macam sebelum mereka berkahwin, suaminya masih berkahwin lain. Ujian selepas bermadu juga sangat hebat dan berakhir dengan perkelahian antara kedua madu. Leman menceraikan Poniem dan Poniem membawa diri ke tempat lain.
Wow, I sucks at telling back the story huh.
Bahasa yang digunakan adalah bahasa standard, ada beberapa perkatan yang asing bagi aku and just at the end of the novel i figured out there are meanings at the last page of the book. Sebab dia takde cite apa-apa sepanjang novel. Cuma rasanya isinya agak berat pada aku, sebab Hamka was talking about life, and about difficulties people have to endure in order to live.
Things that I’ve learnt from this novel are 1) marriage is a gamble. You don’t know what will happened in the future and you’ll forever will learn new sides of your partner over time. 2) people change. Like no matter how they promise they won’t. You yourself, may change. No one knows. 3) importance of istisharah and istikharah. Like Leman, he did asked Baginda Kayo before he married Poniem and before he married his second wife, and Baginda Kayo did brainwash him but he followed his heart. Well, the heart wants what it wants. He never do istikharah tho before he married the younger wife, he made the decision THEN only he asked for permission from his first wife ugh I hate him. 4) be the clever wife. 5) How sucks it is when the love of your life decided to share his love with someone else, no matter how you convince yourself that things gonna be okay, reality is you will never feel okay. Or you will feel better over time, or you will feel numb, idk (back to no 2). 6) Move on. It is ok to feel sad duh it’s normal, but don’t be sad forever. There’s a life to live and you got to move on. No one says it’s easy. Moving on will be the best decision you’ll make but first you have to DECIDE TO MOVE ON bukan cakap je nak move on tapi tak move on 7) Don’t make promises you know you can’t keep.
This book is very suitable for both men and women, to learn from the characters Leman and Poniem. I won’t rate it. You all should read it.
Labels: Her Book Review, Her Books, Her Feelings, Her Quotes, Her Rants, Her Thought